I don’t know about you, but after a night of drinking and dancing I look like a tiger attacked me. My skin is duller than a matte nail polish and you could easily mistake me for the female version of Mr. Fester… pretty much the opposite of pretty … which I definitely looked the night before 😉
Now, I know many of you will be out celebrating this weekend. Here are some tips to look presentable come Sunday sans Snapchat filter.
Cause: Alcohol is a notorious dehydrator.
- Moisturize the face – Before going to bed, try Anew Clinical Overnight Hydration Mask. This will deeply replenish the lost moisture as you sleep.
- Use a face scrub – it will remove the dry, dead skin cells and bring blood to the surface for better circulation.
- Drink a TON of water to rehydrate the body and skin.
- Try a Vitamin C Serum. It reduces inflammation and brightens your complexion. Plus it’s filled with antioxidants which is the body’s damage fighter.
DARK CIRCLES & PUFFY EYES
Cause: For starters, you’ve probably gotten minimal sleep.
- Get some caffeine under those eyes, it constricts blood vessels and reduces fluid! For a natural remedy, steep 2 tea bags, let them cool, then place directly under closed eyes. Or, try Garnier Fructis Renew Anti-Puff eye roller.
- There’s another tried and true tip – place 2 spoons in the freezer and put over eyes. Not only is it completely refreshing, the delightful chill will also constrict under eye blood vessells.
- Put on sunless tanner. I don’t have a good reason other than the fact that when I drink, I end up looking super pale. So if I tan myself up, dark circles don’t seem as prevalent.
- And the most obvious solution. Concealer is a girl’s best friend. Make sure to moisturize properly then pat on and set with powder.
Cause: Too much product, teasing and quite possibly head banging.
- Use a detangler BEFORE going in the shower.
- When in the shower condition first! The conditioner will act like a clarifying shampoo, breaking down all of the product in your hair. Follow it up with shampoo, and another round of conditioner. No joke, this works and doesn’t leave your hair knotty or greasy.