As a treat to myself, I got a makeover at Sephora. I had gotten in a rut with my makeup, relying on bright lips and winged liquid eyeliner to carry me through everyday. I needed a softer and more sophisticated look that was appropriate in an office setting. My makeup artist Dina recommended some fabulous products and tips to accompany them.
Here’s what I got, seriously a kid in a candy store.
- Smashbox Double Exposure Eyeshadow Kit
- Can be used wet or dry
- Has a range of colors, not just traditional neutrals
- Smashbox Blush in Chiffon
- Soft pink shade with flecks of gold
- Bite Butter Cream Lipstick in Heather
- Creamy consistency
- Try pairing this Makeup Forever lip liner in shade 14C
- Cover FX Contour Kit in Light
- All the shades you’ll possibly need for contouring
- Cream contour kit as opposed to shadow
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe
- Mix the two shades for a more natural look
- Use the darker shader on the outer corners and the lighter shade on the inner