I spend a lot of money at Sephora on “designer” makeup. However, I’m learning the magic is in the tools, not the makeup. This is what you should invest in, you won’t regret it.
Here’s the basics of what you’ll need for a flawless application.
1. Beauty Blender This is essential. Don’t let the imitations deceive you. They’re a lot denser, don’t blend the same way, and get dirty quickly. You must get the Beauty Blender brand. A few tips for using the Beauty Bledner
- Wet the sponge to reduce the amount of makeup needed per application (you’ll save money!)
- Roll the Beauty Blender right into the hairline to blend
- Use the pointy end for under your eyes
2. Bdellium Kabuki Airbrushed Effect 957 When I don’t have my Beauty Blender handy, I use this. It’s affordable and cleans easily. It’s best used for blending in foundation. I like to use it to really blend in the neckline. It also works great for powder foundation like Bare Esentuals. Because it is more compact, you’ll get heavier coverage.
3. Sephora Pro Bronzer Brush Highly compact, this brush deposits the color exactly where you want it for a flawless application. I use it with my Too Faced Poreless Bronzer.
4. Tarte Eyelash Curler This is one of my favorite brands of makeup, but they also make fabulous tools. I went into Sephora looking for the Shu Ueumura eyelash curler, but tried this instead based on the employee’s recommendations. I love it. The results are immediately obvious. It grips the eyelashes perfectly and results in a natural curl.