I wear my hair curly, but not overly so. To achieve this blown out look, I use a 1 1/4″ Hot Tools Curling Iron. The name of the game when curling hair is AWAY. Curl the hair away from your face towards the back of your head. So the motion you use on the left side of your head will be different than what you use on the right side of your head.
- Leave the hair from the ear down and clip the rest out of the way.
- Take a 1-2″ section of hair
- Start at the top of the strand with the clamp facing away from you
- Roll the curling iron down towards the back of your head (almost like a straightener) but twist it as you smooth. To do this, release the clamp slightly, then twist the curling iron, close the clamp, release the clamp slightly, twist the curling iron etc. Do this until you get to the bottom of the strand.
- Hold for a few seconds (3-10 depending on coarseness)
- Release the clamp and uncurl the wand away from your head
- Let down the next section of hair and repeat steps 2-6
- Finger comb your hair